What we do
- Promote the interests of the Australian Battery Industry
- Advocate for and drive best practice
- Strengthen safety for everyone in the battery value chain
- Minimise environmental impacts throughout the battery life cycle
- Provide a strong and unified voice on the views and interests of members involved in the Australian Battery Industry
Who we are
Companies in battery manufacturing, importing, distribution and/or retail operations across Australia primarily for lead acid and lithium batteries.
Specialists in aftermarket batteries for the automotive, marine, industrial and recreational segments of the battery market.
Code of Practice
The ABIA Code of Practice promotes:
- consistent and fair trading practices in the interests of the public, battery retailers and Members.
- battery performance claims be in accordance with the appropriate Australian Standard, enabling both the public and battery retailers to have a consistent basis for comparison of battery performance for all batteries supplied by Members.
- honesty in respect to country of origin claims on battery labels and advertising materials, specifically prohibiting the use of Australian maps or symbols (such as boomerang, kangaroo and the like) on battery labelling for batteries not made in Australia.
- all warranties offered by Members comply fully with the requirements of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- members encourage, and make available to their customers,recycling of batteries
- all handling, storage and transport of new or recycled batteries meets the appropriate Workplace Health and Safety, Dangerous Goods and Environmental obligations.